Books and friends
1. You don't have to keep reading a boring book.
2. If a book asks you to help it move, there's a good chance you won't throw out your back (unless the book is by Stephen King).
3. A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet. Likewise, that unopened book.
4. If you meet someone in your life who you'll cherish for the rest of your life, count yourself lucky. If you're a reader, you'll likely find many books that you'll cherish.
5. Both a good book and a good friend will make you want to learn more about them.